Routine Dental Exams Walnut Creek CA – Regular Dental Check-ups
At Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek, preventive dental care is the foundation of our dental practice. Healthy smiles for our Walnut Creek, CA area patients start with good home care and routine dental exams, and we are here to help patients of all ages learn how to take great care of their teeth and keep their smiles in good health.
Benefits of regular dental check-ups and cleanings
The American Dental Association recommends that most patients go to the dentist twice per year for routine dental exams and professional cleanings, and for good reason. In addition to taking good care of your teeth at home by brushing twice per day and flossing daily, dental check-ups and cleanings are one of the best ways to prevent painful and costly dental issues. At your routine visits, we:
- Professionally clean your teeth, removing any built-up plaque and tartar that can contribute to tooth decay and gum disease; once tartar has formed on your teeth, brushing and flossing at home cannot eliminate it, and a professional cleaning is the only way to remove this harmful substance from your teeth
- Take images (such as x-rays) of your teeth as needed to get a better understanding of what’s happening on the inside of your teeth and jawbone, the areas that the naked eye cannot see
- Talk with you about any issues you may be having with your teeth and gums so we can help create a preventive or restorative care plan for you
- Examine your mouth for any signs of disease or decay – when these issues are caught early, they are typically much easier, less time-consuming, and less costly to treat
- Perform an oral cancer screening to ensure that we do not detect any pre-cancerous or cancerous spots in your mouth
We go the extra step to make sure every patient feels at home while they are in our warm and friendly dental office. Dr. Troy Schmedding and our entire team of dental professionals use a gentle touch when performing all treatments and we are equipped with the latest dental technologies to provide you with high-quality, comfortable care.
Join our dental family
At Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek, we love welcoming new patients to our dental practice in Walnut Creek, CA! Call us today at (925) 956-4266 to schedule your new patient dental exam, or your regular dental check-up if you are already part of our dental family.