Routine dental checkups important for Walnut Creek, CA patients
Dr. Troy Schmedding of Walnut Creek, CA is a dedicated dental professional who works routinely with patients in and around the community seeking comprehensive dental care. With a wide range of services under one roof, he can ensure patients have access to solutions for their smiles. One of the more common reasons patients visit the office is for their routine dental checkups. These dental visits include physical exams, X-rays, and cleanings recommended every six months by the American Dental Association.
Why are routine dental checkups important?
There are a number of reasons why dentists and the ADA recommend evaluations and cleanings with a dental team every six months:
- Routine visits to the dentist allow the team to monitor one’s oral health and wellness
- These regular exams allow for early diagnosis and intervention of common dental concerns, including the formation of periodontal disease or tooth decay
- Cleanings give the dental hygienist the opportunity to remove plaque, tartar, and calculus that may have formed on the surfaces of the teeth and gums between dental visits
- X-rays taken during these regular visits to the dentist allow the team to see underneath the gumline and find problems before they become more evident
- Regular visits are perfect for patients who may have questions about their oral hygiene habits and want to ensure they are taking all the right steps towards better oral health
- The dentist and dental team can educate patients on ways to keep their smile healthy
- Patients can ask their dental team about the benefits of certain cosmetic treatments that can improve the appearance of their smiles
Contact Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek to request your next checkup
If it has been over six months since you’ve last seen a dentist for a routine dental examination and checkup, it is time to make an appointment with Dr. Troy Schmedding of Walnut Creek, California. His practice, located at 106 La Casa Via, Suite #280, is open to new and current patients seeking quality care. Whether you are in need of general, cosmetic, or restorative dental work, our team is here for you! Call for an appointment at (925) 956-4266.