Tooth Replacement Options at a Dental Implant Center
Walnut Creek, California residents know that having a beautiful smile can be life-altering in so many ways. And when it comes to your smile, Dr. Troy Schmedding and his team at Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek take their jobs seriously. Tooth loss can occur because of many different reasons, and deciding to get dental implants is your first step to restoring your previous gorgeous smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Here are some of the benefits of getting one or more dental implants.
- Functionality: With dental implants, you will speak more clearly, enjoy your favorite foods, and laugh and smile confidently.
- Comfort: Dental implants function exactly like your natural teeth, so they’re more comfortable than dentures.
- Convenience: Practice good oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly and you will have no trouble with your implants.
- Health: You don’t have to alter your remaining natural teeth to get dental implants.
- Appearance: The materials used to create dental implants look just like natural teeth.
- Versatility: Dental implants allow you to replace one tooth or all of your missing teeth.
- Longevity: Dental implants last a long time.
Why It’s Important to Replace Missing Teeth
When a person loses a tooth, the effects are incredibly far-reaching, and it’s not just about aesthetics. When teeth are missing, the following can occur:
- Gum disease
- Shifting of remaining teeth
- Cavities in remaining teeth
- Speech is affected
- Chewing is uncomfortable or inefficient
If you are missing several teeth, several implants can be placed to support a denture or a full bridge. Dental implants require the same care that your natural teeth require. Get the same regular professional checkups and cleaning, and practice good oral hygiene. Dental implants can last for several years with correct oral hygiene practices.
Are you looking for an option that is less invasive and takes less time? Talk to Dr. Schmedding’s team about mini-implants.
Dental Implant Center in Walnut Creek, California
Dr. Troy Schmedding and the qualified team at Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek in Walnut Creek, California, are here to answer your questions about dental implants. Give us a call at (925) 956-4266 or request an appointment online today.