Dental Checkup Benefits You Can Expect with Dental Exams
If you live in Walnut Creek, California, you live a busy lifestyle. As an active city, Walnut Creek is full of thriving individuals and families living life to the fullest.
Because people are busy, it’s easy to be reactive about dental checkups instead of proactive. This means that many of us tend to put off going to the dentist until we have a problem. The fact is, being proactive and scheduling dental checkups can save you time and money in the long run.
Why Routine Dental Care Is So Important
Sometimes problems with our teeth and gums lurk without symptoms. For example, plaque can build up on teeth and turn into tartar, and gum disease often presents with no symptoms at all.
For this reason, it’s important to visit your dentist for a checkup at least twice a year. When you see a dentist regularly, they will keep dental records and know if something is going wrong with your teeth and gums.
Here are some other reasons why skipping dental checkups is not a good idea.
- Brushing and flossing don’t remove tartar; this needs to be done during your routine cleaning by your dentist.
- If you don’t see a dentist, cavities can go undetected for too long.
- Gum disease may be lurking without warning.
- Fillings come loose over time; you may not know that without your dentist making you aware.
Dental Exam Benefits
Because the American Dental Association advises that people should see their dentist twice a year, it’s essential to understand the benefits of routine dental checkups.
- You’ll have your teeth cleaned, plaque and tartar removed, and your teeth polished.
- The dental care team will take x-rays of your teeth to see if there are things going on underneath the surface.
- Your dentist will perform an oral cancer screening to make sure there are no cancerous or pre-cancerous spots in your mouth.
Dental Exam Service in Walnut Creek
Are you ready to start enjoying the benefits of routine dental checkups? Dr. Troy Schmedding and the talented Family Dentistry of Walnut Creek team are here to serve you. Call us at (925) 956-4266 or request an online appointment.